Saturday, January 16, 2010

Into the Future


My father served as a radioman in the United States Air Force during World War II. When he and mom visited us a few years back, dad and I went to a local airport where vintage aircraft were on display. I was surprised to learn that he had flown in several of the smaller aircraft to reach his posts of duty. Were these forward areas where young men reached maturity beyond their years? I wonder. Now in his mid 80's, the years are catching up. They inexorably strip away the ability to do things younger men do with ease. I am 55, and even at that relatively young age, I see the harbinger of things to come. How will I react as I grow older? Will I rage against the limitations or will I adapt? The path is laid out before me. I trust I can follow in the footsteps of those who have led the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment